top of page
Meetings are held up to three times a year in London, usually February, May and October. Members must register to attend. You are welcome to attend a meeting before joining, please contact us in advance.
Upcoming and Past Events
- Thu, Feb 08LondonThe next CIG meeting will be held on Thursday 9th February 2024, the topic and location to be confirmedFeb 08, 2024, 4:00 PM – 6:30 PMLondon, London, UK
- Thu, Nov 09LondonNov 09, 2023, 4:30 PM – 6:00 PMLondon, London, UKThe Charity Investors Group was delighted to receive a talk by Tara Gillespie, Head of Global Assets at investment consultancy Redington. Tara discussed how charities and foundations need to structure their investments in a more challenging environment to tackle the increasing challenges they face.
- Thu, May 11LondonMay 11, 2023, 4:00 PM – 6:30 PMLondon, 12 Smithfield St, London EC1A 9LA, UKWe were delighted receive a presentation by Christi Vosloo and Simon Martindale from Mayfair Capital who provided an overview of the current challenges that the real estate sector is facing in terms of net zero carbon and changing occupier preferences. The presentation is available on request.
- Thu, Feb 09LondonFeb 09, 2023, 4:00 PM – 6:30 PMLondon, 30 Gresham St, London EC2V 7QN, UKWe were delighted to be joined by Dr Keith Myers, an independent energy expert from Westwood Global Energy Group as our speaker. Keith articulated how large integrated oil majors deal with the challenge of redeploying capital into renewables, while seeking to generate sufficient net revenues.
- Thu, Nov 10LondonNov 10, 2022, 4:00 PM – Nov 11, 2022, 6:30 PMLondon, 30 Gresham St, London EC2V 7QN, UKThis event was sadly postponed due to ongoing rail disputes. The event will take place in February 2023.
- Thu, May 12Legal & General Investment ManagementMay 12, 2022, 4:30 PM – 6:30 PMLegal & General Investment Management, 1 Coleman St, London EC2R 5AA, UKCharity Investors Group held a facinating meeting at the offices of Legal & General Investment Management to look at geopolitical and cybersecurity issues that face charities. Our speaker was Professor Paul Cornish, Strategy and Security export at the CityForum.
- Thu, May 21Savills Investment Management LondonMay 21, 2020, 4:00 PMSavills Investment Management London, 33 Margaret St, Marylebone, London W1G 0JD, UKUnfortunately this event has been postponed due to the Covid-19 virus. We aim to hold it later in the year.
- Thu, Feb 13Cazenove CapitalFeb 13, 2020, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PMCazenove Capital, 1 London Wall Place, London Wall, Barbican, London EC2Y 5AU, UKAlice Ryder, Head of Stanhope Consulting, gave a presentation on the aspects charities and managers should consider when reviewing their investments.
- Tue, Oct 15Lane Clark & PeacockOct 15, 2019, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PMLane Clark & Peacock, 95 Wigmore St, Marylebone, London W1U 1DQ, UKWe were delighted to welcome Benjamin Rick, from Social and Sustainable Capital, to discuss the issues surrounding charities ability to obtain and invest into sustainable capital that has a social impact.
- Mon, Mar 181 London Wall PlaceMar 18, 2019, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM1 London Wall Place, 1 London Wall, London EC2Y 5AU, UKWe were delighted to welcome Matthew Cox, Investment Director, Esmée Fairbairn Foundation who gave insight into the management of their £1bn endowment, and how they seek to align their investment strategy with their charitable aims.
- Thu, May 10Artemis Fund Managers LimitedMay 10, 2018, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PMArtemis Fund Managers Limited, Cassini House, 57 St James's St, St. James's, London SW1A 1LD, UKWe convened a panel of asset class specialists, covering equities, bonds and property, to talk about the current market - in particular the security of income - important for many charity's expenditure plans.
- Wed, Jan 31Legal & General GroupJan 31, 2018, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PMLegal & General Group, 1 Coleman St, London EC2R 5AA, UKWe welcomed Professor Elroy Dimson and Catherine Howarth, ShareAction to discuss whether engaging with companies that you invest in can really create change. This event was kindly hosted by Legal and General Investment Management
- Wed, Sep 13CCLA Investment Management LimitedSep 13, 2017, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PMCCLA Investment Management Limited, Senator House, 85 Queen Victoria St, London EC4V 4ET, UKWe were delighted to welcome Professor Clarke, a Senior Associate Fellow of RUSI who will speak on the inherent stability risks and even unexpected advantages of the Trump presidency. https://rusi.org/people/clarke
- Mon, Jun 26Sarasin & Partners LLPJun 26, 2017, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PMSarasin & Partners LLP, 100 St. Paul's Churchyard, London EC4M 8BU, UKWe were delighted to welcome Oliver Bates, Sarasin & Partners LLP and Mick Brant, Teknometry to introduce a new charity peer group metric. James Brooke Turner, Finance Director, Nuffield Foundation shared his thoughts on benchmarking for long term charity investors.
bottom of page