The Charity Investors Group was formed in 1996 to create a forum for investment debate.
The CIG is led by a management committee of ten, with charities and fund managers equally represented.
Our aims are to promote good governance in, and understanding of, charity investment.
We will do this by:
- providing a recognised forum for those involved in the investment of charitable funds to discuss investment related matters of common interest. The association sponsors up to four presentations a year on topical subjects of interest to both investing charities and fund managers;
- providing a focus for consultation on charity investment issues for the Charity Commission, OSCR and the CCNI and other regulatory and statutory bodies;
- making representations to the Charity Commission and other government departments on behalf of investing charities and fund managers;
- providing a link between key representative groups involved in charity investments, including the Charity Finance Group, the Association of Charitable Foundations, and other umbrella groups, charities, fund managers, advisers, solicitors, auditors, the Charity Commission and other regulatory and statutory bodies;
- promoting the establishment by charities of relevant and clearly defined investment policies.
Our constitution can be viewed here.
Our current committee is made up as follows:
CHIEF EXECUTIVE, MAYFAIR CAPITAL
DIRECTOR, CHARITY INTELLIGENCE
TRUSTEE, CONCORDIA (UK)
PARTNER, SARASIN & PARTNERS
CLERK, JOSEPH ROWNTREE TRUST
PORTFOLIO DIRECTOR, CAZENOVE CAPITAL
ADVISER, BIO GUINEA FOUNDATION